From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 06:49:10 -0800
There are many ways to stay abreast with issues and
breakthroughs that face the museum community and
information that could be helpful in putting together
state-of-the-art exhibits.

You may be aware that our colleague Roger Smith
publishes http://www.globalmuseum.org .  He regularly
sends out a newsletter advising updates.

Friend and brilliant webmaster Roy Hemmat offers
http://www.museumstuff.com , a sort of one-stop place
to research what's ongoing in the museum world.  It's
a terrific resource.

For those of you with interests in a specific area of
the museum world, especially those who don't like to
register for some publications (though some still
require registration), you may wish to consider
enrolling in one of the four MuseNews lists I manage.
The information is there, why not avail yourselves?
Further, there are archives you can read of past
articles.  They are:

My personal favorite is the science list.  There are
just so many amazing things happening in the world of
science, and MuseNews-Science is an umbrella list that
covers many scientific disciplines.

As I've advised those on the MuseJobs list,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseJobs , keeping
abreast of what is ongoing in the world of museums is
a great way to make yourself a better candidate.  If
you can speak intelligently to what is happening in
your chosen career field, it's a definite advantage.

There are a number of regular subscribers to each of
the lists.  Some are multiple subscribers.  There are
occasions when articles are appropriate to more than
one discipline, and the articles are sent to each area
where it would be appropriate.

You are welcome to join us if you have the desire.
This free service is an offshoot of the Museum-L list,
and the work I perform on behalf of the community
involves no recompense for me.  It's simply my way of
helping to fortify the institutes I love.

Get Your Red Hot Museum News Today!

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414