From:
"Paula M. Sumpter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 1994 10:35:16 -0700
I have been asked to assemble some information on database standards and
policies.  I serve on the Documentation committee of the Society for the
Preservation of Natural Histoy Collections and we are attempting to
assemble several types of existing documentation.  I have volunteered to
assemble the database portion.

I know parts of this question have been addressed on this list in recent
months.  I have saved several messages that will apply to my task.  I
would appreciate however, if you would let me know of institutions who
have policies governing databases or organizations who are developing
standards ( I am aware of some, but please send anyway) I would be
grateful.

This information will help SPNHC inform its
membership and assist them in preparing documentation for their own
institutions.  You may answer to the list or directly to me if you
prefer.

Thank you for your assistance.

     |  Paula M. Sumpter              |  [log in to unmask]      |
     |  Information Services          |  Voice: 414 278-2740  |
     |  Milwaukee Public Museum, Inc. |  Fax:   414-278-6100  |
     |  800 W. Wells St.              |  All opinions in this |
     |  Milwaukee, WI  53233          |  message are my own.  |