From:
Exhibitions Department <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:14:04 -0500
I do this too--I ask them to tell me one thing they remember from the tour,
and use it to reinforce a couple of related points.  I also try to hand out
something relating to their visit that they can take home--a gallery sheet,
an activities calendar, even a pencil with our name on it--that they can
handle or look through on the bus and bring back to their parents.  I find
that speaking with their teachers a few days before the tour to find out
what they are particularly wanting their students to experience helps the
teacher reinforce the learning back in the classroom as well.

Julia Moore
Director of Exhibitions and Artist Services
Indianapolis Art Center