From:
Kim Elmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:45:24 -0500
I am NOT an expert but I have a few dried butterflies (that died
naturally).

There is a direction to the scales on a butterfly's wings.  If you try
pressurized air I would make sure you are blowing with the scales, not
against them.  Also, the most fragile part of the butterfly seems to be
the legs--they drop off quite easily, so it is best not to touch them if
you can help it.

Kim Elmore