From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:57:09 -0800
Back in the late 1990s, we obtained used shelving from
a public library that had closed, when I served on the
Board of Trustees of the Andrew Carnegie Free Library
and Music Hall in Carnegie, Pennsylvania.

Each year, our United Way chapter has an annual "Day
of Caring," when local companies allow some of their
employees to skip work for one day, to do work for a
local non-profit organization. So, one of the tasks
accomplished by the volunteers at the Library, during
that "Day of Caring," was to assemble these shelving
units.

So, you might check with the United Way in your area
to see if they have a similar annual program. Another
group, called "Pittsburgh Cares," has similar programs
all year-round. So, you might also check with other
non-profits and social service groups in your area, to
see if they have similar types of programs.

gaw