From:
Leslie Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 1994 20:25:53 EDT
I'm glad to hear that my memory about Storybook Land isn't faulty - it would be
a horror to think that my trivia-filled brain has started to fail me.

And, after the mention of deer parks, does anyone else rember the Japanese Deer
Park in Buena Park, California (Not too far from Knott's Berry Farm)?  They had
tea ceremonies, oyster ponds where you could buy an oyser, get the pearl and
pay to have it mounted, theatrical and martial arts demonstrations, and, of
course, deer you could feed.  I read many years later that the park was closed
after an epidemic of some sort that killed most of the deer.

Leslie Johnston
Historic New Orleans Collection