From:
"Derrick D. Little" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:09:04 -0400
Good point Heather, not just for me, but for anyone in a similar position. Perhaps I should have mentioned in my initial post that I have been discussing this matter with my supervisor. She's very flexible with GA's and interns, allowing them to tailor their duties according to their interests and the skills they would like to develop. Some have worked with the collection, some have focused on exhibit preparation, others have mainly done conservation work, etc. As such, she doesn't explicitly define the assistantship position, so she wasn't sure about a proper job title, either. In fact, I informed her that I queried MUSEUM-L and she's interested to hear everyone's suggestions as much as I am.

Regards,
Derrick
——————