From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 16:51:09 -0500
unfortunately I am at home right now and will be leaving for my parents
shortly.  However, if you can wait until Saturday, I can get you a few
references.  We do a weekend program on hobo signs in our instruction car
and we just did some 3rd person programs on depression era hobos.  All
references are at work and the interpretors who did the living history
program won't be in until Saturday.  Report back at you then.

By the way, this topic coming in today was kind of weird.  Just today I
wandered into our gift store and found a coffee mug with hobo signs on it
for sale.  And to think, before I got this gig ( 3 months ago)  I didn't
know hobos had their own sign or language.  Ain't museum life great?!

Matthew A. White
Director of Education
B&O RR Museum
901 W. Pratt Street