From:
Cindy Boyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 2010 15:57:39 -0500
Sorry all - just realized I posted this under the wrong subject line, so here it is again!

Hello List -

I am posting this on behalf of my membership director.  Please post responses you think would be of interest to  the list, or if you would contact Cheryl directly that would be great also.

Thank you!

Cindy Boyer

From our membership director:

We are in the process of looking at membership/donor software. After much research, our finding is that all programs do basically the same thing and all claim their program is the best. Everyone thinks they are special. After speaking with many salesmen, we started to feel like we were at a dealership looking for a car. We know that no one will tell you the challenges of implementation anymore than a car salesman will remind you about depreciation.

Because they do basically the same thing, and the prices vary so much, (ie Raisers Edge, Giftworks, etc.) the process of choosing becomes very complex.  We know that all systems have strengths and weaknesses. But no one will tell you their weaknesses.

Right now we have about 25,000 records.  We have 3,000 active members. The rest of the names are used for email blasts, mailing lists, event attendees, membership drives, etc.

We need to record the usual membership dues, send renewals, reminders, pull reports, add events and payments, etc.

If you can tell me which membership system you are using? With your permission, we may call to "pick your brain" for a few minutes before we make a solid decision and explore further.

Cheryl R. Corsi
Director of Member Services
Landmark Society
133 S. Fitzhugh St.
Rochester NY  14608
(585) 546-7029 ext. 23

The Landmark Society:  Revitalizing Yesterday, Protecting Today, and Planning for Tomorrow

www.landmarksociety.org
Confessions of a Preservationist: The Landmark Society blog
Facebook / MySpace