From:
Kathrine L Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 13:22:34 -0600
The Beach Museum of Art at K-State works with expository writing and
creative writing.

With the expository writing program, we start out with a lecture for all
the GTAs during their orientation on writing from art - focusing on
writing about art and other types of writing projects.  The GTAs then
either create their own programs using the Museums or have us give tours
geared toward the writing assignment and helping the students to learn to
look at art.

The Creative Writing department creates a gallery guide each semester
based on an exhibition.  The students use artwork as the basis for
creative writing projects which then are published and distributed as part
of the programming for an exhibition.  This spring the students will also
give readings of their works.

Next fall, we hope to have a creative writing graduate student serve as an
intern to coordinate this project.

Kathrine Walker Schlageck
Beach Museum of Art
Kansas State University