From:
Ava Wilkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:07:45 -0400
We use them and they are wonderful!  For the cost of one recording
hygrothermograph, we were able to outfit all of our gallery and storage
spaces with HOBOs.  They were easy to install and test and are so small
and in descript that you can hide them anywhere out of visitors view.
To download the data you use a shuttle device and plug it in to the
HOBO. You then take the shuttle and plug it in to the USB on your
computer.  The software allows you to download the information to create
different reports using various parameters. The only compliant that we
have is that the software does not allow you to default certain
features.  For example, we have to change the colors that the data plots
each time rather that being able to default them for use on the next
batch of reports.  We print out reports weekly and maintain a backup on
our network.  No more charts, paper cuts or winding. Hooray!

PS- I would still keep a recording hygrothermograph around and use a
handheld unit to verify temp and RH in the galleries.  We use this data
to compare with our HOBO charts to make sure they are reading
accurately.

Ava Wilkey
Museum Collections Manager | Atlanta History Center
130 West Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, Georgia  30305
p | 404.814.4015                   f | 404.814.2041
e | [log in to unmask]

Find out what's new now at the Atlanta History Center!
Visit www.AtlantaHistoryCenter.com.