From:
MOH Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 15:57:51 -0400
Dear Fellow Cyberfolk,
I have several chair seats to conserve and require a source for riven
hickory and oak splints in coils/strips 1/4 ,1/2 and 3/4 '' wide.
Most commercial companies I have contacted say the only way some get it is
when some folk come out of the woods and are looking for a little cash
,thats when it becomes available through known sources. I can't wait nor can
my exhibit. Any solid leads would be "much preciated"  as they say here in
the South!
This is a toughie so I have posted it to the entire list. When the answers
flow be sure to store this one in your data bases. We all can't be like Roy
Underhill and go cut a tree in the woods. Roy are you out there? Help?
Thanx y'all

Len Hambleton - Chief Conservator
N.C.Museum of History
Raleigh N.C.  919-715-0200 Xt 244