From:
Liberty Hall Historic Site <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:54:10 -0400
I am the curator at Liberty Hall Historic Site and I have been using this
software for over a year.  It is an excellent and inexpensive program inits
field.  It is very easy to use, is well supported, and is well organized.
It does very well with historic collections and art objects and has
components that allow for archives and library materials.  It also has a
membership component but I have not used it yet.  You can also get Virtual
Exhibit, a companion program, that will allow you to do virtual (online
exhibits).  We have it but I have not yet built any exhibits.  The downside
of Pastperfect is that it is pretty inflexible.  Basically, what you see is
what you get and the setup cannot be modified much.  My recommendation would
be to visit their website (www.pastime2000.com) and check it out.  I would
also recommend getting their demo disc and trying the software.

On the whole, Pastperfect is an excellent program for its price.  For many
institutions (like mine) it is the best solution for the money.  I heartily
recommend it on its merits.  The question is whether it will do what you
need it to do.

If you have more or specific questions, contact me at [log in to unmask] .

Eric Brooks
Assistant Director/Curator
Liberty Hall Historic Site