Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 11:54:31 -0400
Anne Hall -
        Forensic science is not necessarily interested in bone preservation.  It
may offer info on defleshing and skeletalizing of bone but those methods
are probably inappropriate for museum collections.

        Wood epoxies may be the standard to used with bone specimens but I would
hesitate to use it because of its irreversibility.  PVAC (poly vinyl
acetate) will also provide structural support and it is reversible.  Wood
epoxies may not be able to seep into the bone structure and support through
out, but PVAC will.  PVAC beads can be purchased at conservation supply
houses.

Sorry no citations.