From:
Marty Buxton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:17:23 -0700
We do add taxidermy specimens to our collection
regularly. We find taxidermy specimens are invaluable
in illustrating nature better than any other prop we
have tried.  However, we do no collecting. Our museum
includes a wildlife hospital, and our specimens come
from the animals the hospital cannot save. In order to
guaranty no more animals die than necessary, the
hospital not supplies bodies for us, they also supply
bodies to a local university and a large research
museum, so those facilities do not need to collect.
The hospital director's goal is that no bodies are
destroyed; hopefully they can all be used for
educational and/or scientific purposes.  If there is a
wildlife hospital anywhere near you, you may be able
to get bodies from them. I am assuming you have the
ability to do taxidermy or someone to do it.

Marty Buxton
Curator
Lindsay Wildlife Museum
1931 First Ave.