From:
"Ann V. Gunn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:16:41 +0100
Part-time study at the University of St Andrews, Scotland

Are you looking for progression or a change of direction in your career?
Do you need a professional qualification?
Do you want to broaden your understanding of the work of museums and
galleries?
Would you like to study in a beautiful historic setting?

We plan to start a new group of students on the part-time Graduate
Diploma/M.Litt. course in Museum and Gallery Studies in January 2008.
The part-time course is only offered every two or three years, so please
enquire now if you are interested.

If you are working in a museum or gallery, either paid or as a
volunteer, you can use your practical experience towards the coursework
as well as learning new skills to gain a recognised qualification. The
part-time course option is a version of our full-time course and offers
an overview of the purposes and activities of museums and galleries. It
is open to applicants with a degree in any subject and to students
without a degree but with considerable experience in a museum or
gallery. Work is spread over two years and students attend four short,
sociable residential schools in St Andrews, which include contributions
by professionals from the sector.

The first residential school will run from Monday 21 – Friday 25 January
2008
Future residential schools will be held in June 2008, January 2009 and
June 2009 (exact dates to be confirmed.)

Deadline for applications, 30^th September 2007
For more information, please visit our website:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~mgstud/
<http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/%7Emgstud/>

or contact our Postgraduate Secretary, School of Art History,
University of St Andrews, 9 The Scores, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9AR

Phone: 01334 462414 Email: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

--
Ann V. Gunn
Lecturer, Museum and Gallery Studies