From:
Jim Angus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 08:37:58 -0800
Anything can be a problem if over used.  I find frames to be annoying when
I visit a site and find my window partitioned up into little segments for
no good reason.  However, frames does enable one to construct a navigation
tool (as we did) and allows one to place a static header or footer on the
page so that that particular information doesn't need to be repeated
through out the document.

Frames are a pain.  For a two page document, I now need three pages to
specify the content.  I don't think I'll use frames much, but I think I
like my index...of course I usually try one thing out, then redesign it all
a few months later anyway.

Jim

>For what it's worth, I find the frames a little bothersome, too.  You can
>resize
> the frames by
>click and drag on the border, but I fin myself in sympathy with the folks
>at 2as
>k.com
><http://www.2ask.com/>, who award Best of the Planet awards, when they
>include f
>rames
>(FAQ) in the list of what bugs them.
>
>Tom Vaughan

Jim Angus
Information Technology and Hypermedia Programs
900 Exposition Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90007

voice:  213/744-3317
fax:    213/746-2999