From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 05:48:07 -0600
Vanessa,

You requested information of what are the top 5 museums in communities of 500,000
or less, but so many communities would have neighboring communities?  Would be
hard to classify...and each of us would have to know the population of all the museums,
so makes it tough.  So please excuse me if the museums I choose are located in a
larger than 500,000 area..

1.  How about Sturbridge?   2.  How about the High Desert Museum (Bend, OR);
3.  How about Warm Springs Native American Museum, Warm Springs, OR?
4.  How about Maryhill Museum, Maryhill, OR.  5.  and the last I am gambling on
this..put going to pick two.....Conner's Parrie and Mystic Seaport  (don't know the
city to well either of them are in..or population).   Also Williamsburg......would have
to be a top!!  But again, don't know the population base of the surrounding community.

Wow!! There are just to many museums to pick 5  --- and I picked 3 in the Pacific
Northwest....   Each museum is unique!  Each museum (especially local history
museums and living history museums) I love, find interesting, and marvelous
to visit....so again hard to say which ones are better than others.    All you folks
out there are doing excellent jobs....so each of you get "My Best Award."  Thank you
for making museums what they are today!!!!!!!  My hat is off to you (but I don't wear
a hat???)

My opinions of course are mentioned here........

John Martinson
This Is The Place Heritage Park (I would like to pick this site, but Salt Lake City
is over 500,000 people).