From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 06:37:13 -0700
I've just spent 4 hours the last 2 nights studying to
be a community volunteer for a remarkable exhibit that
is coming to Los Angeles next month.  I have another 4
hours of training next Monday night.  It's been an
incredibly moving activity, and I am thrilled about
the opportunity to participate.

But, frankly speaking, there just aren't enough
volunteers, from my perspective, for what I anticipate
to be the turnout, and I'm turning to you to consider
helping.  It's great on a resume; it's even greater in
the memory book of your life.

For three months only, 25 documents from the National
Archives will be at the Central Library in Downtown
Los Angeles (5th St. between Grand and Flower).  Among
these documents, 6 are all-time favorites of the
American public.

Included in this exhibit will be the original
Emancipation Proclamation, a letter from Benedict
Arnold pleading for the life of his wife, a document
from the Lewis & Clark exedition, a document from Leon
Trotsky, a document from King Mongkut of Thailand
offering elephants to the US, a letter from Queen
Leiluokalani of Hawaii beseeching the US NOT to take
over her country, William Safire's contingency speech
had Apollo 11 gone wrong and what Nixon would have
told the nation, inagural address notes from John
Kennedy and Ronald Reagan, and lots, lots more.

Volunteers will be needed especially for the school
day, but there are community events on the evenings
and weekends.

If you would like to participate--and I can't
encourage you enough--don't contact me.  Contact
[log in to unmask] or go to their web site,
http://www.lapl.org , for more info.

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414