Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:13:04 -0700
Dear Astrida,
I'm not sure about the pricing, but we use SmartReader dataloggers made by ACR.  Their website is www.acrsystems.com.  They are very small and easy to place anywhere (just be sure to remember where you've put them!)  They are very easy to download to the computer, and the graphs come out nicely.  You can also transfer the data into ASCII and then to Excel to show a yearly trend.  You can also calibrate them yourself.  Our collections manager and myself have purchased the necessary calibration equipment, and plan to do the calibration very soon.

Deborah Winton, Registrar
SAR/IARC, www.sarweb.org

>>> Astrida Schaeffer <[log in to unmask]> 11/08/01 06:57AM >>>
Hi,     I work for a small museum with a ground-level gallery and a mezzanine gallery overlooking it. We're in the process of researching hygrothermographs for that space and I hoped you could offer some recommendations.
Currently we have an analog Dickson hygrothermograph in our permanent collection storage room, the kind with the round charts that get changed on a weekly basis, and that we need to mail to Dickson for calibration (and who knows if it's still accurate by the time it makes it back to
us in the mail). This time we would like a unit that:
1) we can calibrate ourselves
2) still charts conditions, but potentially one that can e-mail or otherwise record the chart information on a computer
3) is under $500

Thank you for any advice you may have!

Astrida
Astrida Schaeffer, Assistant Director