From:
Elizabeth Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:34:36 -0700
I know that the baby in the cake tradition is part of the King Cake that is part of Mardi Gras. That my help start you on the right path. Being Mardis gras, i wouldnt be surprised if it were part of a much older series of traditions regarding luck and fertility and such.

Elizabeth Walton
www.clotheslinejournal.com