From:
Leslie Munro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 19:28:00 -0800
JBlohm2517 wrote:

> My father is on the board of a small historical society which wants to start a
> "hall of fame."  The plaques will be outside, though protected somewhat from
> the weather by a glass barrier.  I have a vague memory of a process of using
> porcelain, firing the words and images onto the surface.  They are sometimes
> used in exterior exhibits.  Does anyone know of a company that does this work?
>
> Thanks,
> Will Garrison, Historic Deerfield, Inc.

Dear Will,

Every January EXHIBIT BUILDER publishes a directory of exhibit
fabricators and professionals active in North America. You will likely
find a supplier in this directory.

If you are unable to locate a copy, contact the Library of the Canadian
Conservation Institute via the web site for the department:

http://pch.gc.ca

I think. Or contact Vicki Davis, the reference librarian at

All the best,

Leslie Munro