From:
Marc A Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:07:48 -0500
I'd love to provide further detail about your furniture cleaning needs, but
need a bit more information.  Is the dirt/dust affixed to the surfaces or
just sitting there?  Do you know what types of finishes are on the pieces?
Do you apply anything as routine or cyclical maintenance procedures, such as
wax or something else?  How frequently do you dust/clean the furniture and
what process do you use?  Thanks.

Marc

American Conservation Consortium, Ltd.
     4 Rockville Road
     Broad Brook, CT 06016
     www.conservator.com
     860-386-6058

*Collections Preservation Consultation
*Conservation Assessments & Surveys
*Low-Tech Environmental Control
*Moisture Management Solutions
*Collections in Historic Structures
*Conservation Treatment of:
     Furniture
     Painted Wood
     Horse-Drawn Vehicles
     Architectural Interiors

Marc A. Williams, President
     MS in Art Conservation, Winterthur Museum Program
     Former Chief Wooden Object Conservator, Smithsonian Institution
     Fellow, American Institute for Conservation (AIC)