From:
Hilary Burwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:37:22 -0500
Dear colleagues,

I am a graduate student in Museum and Gallery Studies at the University of
St Andrews, Scotland, UK.  I am currently researching private funding
relationships and sponsorship policies in the museum sector.  At the moment
this is for a project based at the national collecting institution for which
I work, however I also intend to explore the subject further in my graduate
level thesis.  I am interested in hearing from anyone's experiences in this
area.

In particular;
Formulation of a policy, if you have one, and if not, comments on why not
Experiences of sponsorship relationships, positive and negative
Information on a working policy if in a position to provide them.
Procedures for policy formulation
Opinions public accountability and any other ethical issues
Views on the future of private investment in the cultural sector
Suggestions for further resources – relevant organisations, publications,
people, websites, case studies etc

I am particularly interested in hearing of experiences/comments from the US
and the UK, but input from any country would be greatly appreciated.

I believe this is and will become an increasingly significant element of
operations in the museum and galleries sector, particularly as issues in the
reduction and control of public funding result in a rising need for
project-based or unrestricted funds.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who would can help with this,

Hilary Burwell
Edinburgh
Scotland
UK