From:
Will Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2007 10:01:11 -0400
Hello all,

We are in a process of 'greening up' our exhibits and the first, most obvious
area is to find a more energy efficient light source. We have found that the
new breed of compact fluorescent light bulbs are a fantastic substitute for the
halogen flood bulbs we have been using so far as light output per watt is
concerned, but we have heard in the past that fluorescent light has more UV
light than incandecent and halogen. More recently I have heard that the
opposite is true and I can't find a reliable source to substantiate either of
these claims. If anyone out there can shed some light (no pun intended, sorry)
on this area, please do!

Thanks,
----WILL

Will Roberts
Exhibitions Preparator
Museum of York County
York County Culture and Heritage Museums
4621 Mt. Gallant Road
Rock Hill. SC 29732
803/329-2121 x.118