From:
Dennis Comerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 17:45:06 -0500
Janelle,

I would recommend adding some of the necessary infrastructure for
conducting videoconferencing and distance learning activities from
your space. If you have no immediate plans to add videoconferencing
to your institution's technology infrastructure, the only work that
would be required during construction would be installing cable
"raceways" to permit future installation of the cabling necessary for
videoconference technology.

There is a strong symbiotic relationship among audiovisual, computer,
multimedia, and videoconference technologies; They often overlap in
their uses and the multiple technologies permit a wider variety of
programmatic activities to take place.

I am currently working on the same task--creating a proposal to
replace our current programmatic space used for
audiovisual/multimedia/videoconference activities with a new, larger,
state-of-the-art facility. If you have any questions about the process
or any of the technologies involved, please contact me directly.

Cheers.

Dennis Comerford
Videoconference Coordinator
National Museum of American History