From:
Jocelyn Cranefield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 15:32:00 GMT
I belong to a working group at the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
 which is exploring "family friendly" work practices.

Family WHAT???
Put simply , these are work practices designed to be supportive of staff
with dependents (including children, parents &/or partners). They can range
from flexible working hours to school holiday programmes, elder care
referral services, emergency carparks & creches/childcare centres.

I'd be interested to hear what existing practices other museums offer their
staff along these lines. What has worked most successfully for you & your
workplace?

(Perhaps you can even suggest a replacement for the term "family friendly" -
Unfortunately it has the potential to conjure up images of rows of nappies*,
which some find offensive! )
* That's "diapers" in Ameracese

 Please reply to me directly:

Jocelyn Cranefield
Museum of New Zealand
Te Papa Tongarewa

We would be very interested to know what

I am part of a working group at the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa
looking at "family friendly" work policies
I would be interested to know what provisions