From:
Julie Yankowsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:10:22 -0700
Chris,

I have seen your posts a few times and just wondering how you are doing?  I don't know if you remember me at the Shelburne or not.  If not, think back to the planes in Shaker Shed!

It sounds like your search continues.  I wish you all the best.  Have you had any interesting possibilities so far?

If you get a chance to make it back to Vermont, you should stop by and see our new Library and CM building.  It is so wonderful and quite a step up for us!  Cathi, Barb, Polly, and myself are located here.  The library and records room (a.k.a. "the vault") are beautiful after the cramped quarters of Cole House.  The storage areas are beyond amazing!

Hope all is going well...take care.

Sincerely,

Julie

Julie R. Yankowsky
Rights and Reproductions Manager
Shelburne Museum
P.O. Box 10, U.S. Rt. 7
Shelburne, Vermont 05482

Tel: (802) 985-3348 ext. 3385
Fax: (802) 985-2331

www.shelburnemuseum.org

>>> Chris Godbold <[log in to unmask]> 08/28/01 12:02PM >>>
To Rick: I, too, have a history background. I was interested in work with
collections, so I went on to get a Masters in Museum Science. I can add
little to the wonderful advice on this list and on the already listed
websites, except to say that you should be patient and start working on your
museum career now with whatever volunteer, internship or part time museum
job you can get. I would also conisder joing museum groups such as AAM,
AASLH, and your local and regional groups. They often have ads in their
newsletters and more importantly, they have contacts up the wazoo. Try Roy
or Roger's web sites for lists of museum studies programs if you are
interested in those. (MERC museum-employment.com also has a list). Finally,
don't give up-I still haven't found a museum job yet, but the confident
search continues.:)

                                                                Good Luck,
                                                                Chris Godbold
PS I went to Texas Tech U. for my MA. E-mail if you would like more info on
it.