From:
"M. A. Ehr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 18:57:49 -0600
My internship came about as a result of a newspaper article! I had to do a
project for my Historic Preservation class, and saw an article in the
Sunday paper about a topic that looked interesting. I contacted the person
who had been featured in the article, and developed a relationship with her
as I worked on my project. When she needed an intern that summer, she
offered the position to me -- with pay! Just goes to show that there are
definitely options beyond those that are posted and advertised, though it
may take some work and a little luck to find them.

Meg Ehr
Curator
Outagamie Museum and Houdini Historical Center
330 E. College Ave.
Appleton, WI  54911
(920) 735-9370