From:
Jim McClellan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 1996 08:32:53 -0500
I work for a small newspaper and while covering the opening of a new
display at our local museum, the subject of security (or the lack of it)
came up. They have a burglar alarm, but as the owners correctly pointed
out, by the time the police arrived, the thief(ves) could easily have
disappeared with the loot. They are reluctant to tell people that their
valuable heirlooms will be completely safe, or to make any guarantees
that would make them liable. Yet, they want to encourage people to bring
items to the museum for display, as well as contacting exhibitors
outside our county.

My question is: How do other small museums handle this problem? Since I
have access to the Internet and e-mail,I told them I would help. Any