From:
Scott Heath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 09:19:29 -0500
        However, it also leaves any teacher who tries to teach evolution
in an anti-evolutionary school district high and dry when the
torch-and-pitchfork bearing mobs come for them.  Okay, so it may not be
that dramatic, but you can bet that at least some of the districts,
especially the ultra-conservatives in the western part of the state, will
try it.  This is, after all, the home of the populist movement.  They
don't have a lot of use for "book-learnin'" out there.
****
Winfield Scott Heath II                               University of Kansas
 Geology Department                                    Lawrence, KS, 66049
  Invertebrate Paleontology Museum                      785-864-2747

"Improve your argument, do not raise your voice."
                                                        Archbishop Desmond Tutu