From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:51:38 -0700
I certainly agree that you want to ask for a
reasonaable amount that is higher than your normal
rental rate, simply because your insititution is being
asked for more than what a normal rental asks for.
However, the rental fee still has to be reasonable.

Unfortunately, it is rare when an institution has a
monopoly on a filming site. If the rental fee is too
high, the movie company may simply go elsewhere. In
the late 1990s, the Andrew Carnegie Free Library had
been hoping to land filming of a scene in the film
"Wonder Boys" starrng Michael Douglas. However, after
looking over our site, the producer decided he only
wanted to rent our historic reading tables [which he
transported to Carnegie Mellon University for the
actual filming], instead of film at the Library.

So, definitely, get what money you can from this
opportunity, but be reasonable so you do not lose the
opportunity altogether!

gaw