From:
Lucille J Stiger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 1994 13:32:00 CDT
I am posting this request for our curator, Leslie Blacksberg, who
is not on the list.  Please respond to the list - I'm sure others
will be interested in what you have to say.

Since oil painting on copper is particularly sensitive to changes
in temperature, what methods have been developed for the safe
shipping of these objects?  Does enclosing them in microclimates
offer an effective solution? All information regarding this problem
and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for responding.

Lucille Stiger
Elvehjem Museum of Art