Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 23:34:15 -0400
This message is being posted for the Membership Department of the Toledo
Museum of Art.  If you have any questions or comments please direct them to
Lena Carlile at (419) 255-8000, or fax your response to (419) 255-5638.  The
organization has not yet joined the 20th cent. - we do not have e-mail.

The Toledo Museum of Art is currently undergoing reorganization and is
looking to the museum community for their reactions to what we feel are new
and different approaches to the managing of the organization.  We would
really apreciate any help that our colleagues can provide.  We are sorry if
we are overloading the list with surveys, but we are in need of all the
information we can get.

If your museum falls into one of the following catagories, please respond to
these questions:

Membership of 8,000 - 12,000
Operating budget of $7-10 million
Serving a community of 300,000-500,000

Does your Membership include:
General Members?        Major Donors?   Both?

How many managerial staff members do you presently have serving these
catagories:
General Members?        Major Donors?   Both?

How many support staff members do you presently have serving these
catagories:
General Members?        Major Donors?   Both?

Have you ever considered, or know of a situation in which, the General
Membership and Major Donors were divided into two seperate departments?

What is your reaction to having the Development Dept., consisting of only
Major Donors, report to the Financial Department and General Membership be
separate?

Have you ever used an outside source to process incoming membership checks?

How well has it worked?

Thank you for your help!