From:
Betty Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 08:51:30 -0500
My 2¢ worth as a small business owner:  To a limited degree I have
worked in both sectors and in my experience there is no comparison to
the inefficiencies, unproductivity,... of the government sector compared
to a small business.  I have never worked in a large corporation, but
most of the population is employed by smaller entities.  Having filled
out tons and tons of paperwork for government jobs (plus dealings with
Fish & Wildlife, IRS,...) as compared to working with smaller
institutions (i.e. museums, small corporations, ...) the amount of waste
in government related work makes me cringe.  In most small businesses
that actually stay in business there is no room for large amounts of
waste and extravagances.  Additionally, if we didn't care and watch out
for our employees (similiar to shareholders), customers and the general
public we would not be in business.  I don't think the government is
watching out for us small businesses.  [Ooops!  I sound a bit bitter.
I'm sure my opinion is a little biased given my personal experiece]

Betty Brennan