From:
Neil Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 09:26:19 EST
Dear Colleague:

The Children's Museum in Boston is recruiting for the position of
Information Technology Manager/Systems Administrator.  I am asking you
help in this recruitment.  Please pass the following job description
on to anyone you think may have an interest.

Thanks for your help.

Neil H. Gordon
Vice President/CFO
The Children's Museum
300 Congress Street
Boston MA 02210
617-426-6500 x 302

JOB OPPORTUNITY

The Children's Museum, Boston (TCM) is a non-profit cultural and
educational organization located on Boston's waterfront.  We are
recognized internationally as a research and development center and
pacesetter for children's exhibitions, educational programs and
curriculum.  The Museum is looking for a qualified person to fill the
position of Information Technology Manager/System Administrator.

The Information Technology Manager and Systems Administrator (ITM/SA)
is responsible for developing and operating an information management
and telecommunications infrastructure for the Childrens Museum and
under our contract for Museum Wharf and The Computer Museum.  The
ITM/SA will oversee, coordinate, and administer all information
technologies within TCM to include computer operations, data
communication networks, databases, computer program development,
hardware and software procurement, and the integrity of and security
for current and new networks.

The ITM/SA has the lead role, working with the VP for Finance and
Administration,  within TCM to develop a strategic plan for all
information processing, communications systems and operations,
hardware and software acquisition, data storage and retrieval, the
acquisition of services and the implementation of controls.  The
ITM/SA provides leadership in the management and use of information
within TCM, as well as providing direction for the development of
information policies.

The qualified applicant will have two-five years experience in a
professional MIS environment with a minimum of one year system
administration in a VAX/VMS/Pathworks and Windows NT/Windows 95
environment, UNIX experience is helpful.  A minimum of one year of
installation, monitoring and troubleshooting of servers, PCs Ethernet
LANS, routers, hubs and related equipment.  The qualified applicant
will also have a minimum of two years of system planning and
development.

If interested please send a letter of interest and resume to Human
Resources, The Children's Museum, 300 Congress Street, Boston, MA
02210-1034.  Please call 617-426-6500, ext 407 or email [log in to unmask]
for a more complete job description.  Although we are happy to mail a
job description we are unable to answer detailed questions about the
position by phone.