From:
Mark Vang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 1997 15:00:06 UT
Dear Museum-L'ers,

On October 25, I will be conducting a workshop at the SEMC'97 conference in
Raleigh, North Carolina.  In this workshop, I will show the tools that I use
to produce the software for an interactive computer exhibit.  The following
areas will be covered:

Graphics software used to produce backgrounds, buttons, illustrations, etc.

Programming tools including authoring systems and editor/compiler
environments.

Basic and advanced equipment needed for development (computer, scanner, etc.).

I will be focusing on the tools and equipment that my company uses for design
and production of exhibit software, here's where you can help.  If you produce
computer interactives in-house, I would like information on specific software
titles, equipment, etc., fitting the catagories above which you have used and
can recommend.  Also, if you use a specific graphics program, state what
components of the computer software you design with it.  (buttons,
backgrounds, illustrations, etc.)  Also give me information on ballpark (or
exact) costs for the software/equipment you are recommending.  Any personal
experiences on what was the most difficult aspect of development to master, or
a tale of visitor interaction with your final exhibit software would be nice
as well.

The information you provide will be presented in a handout with any type of
credit line you wish.  Your name, e-mail address, or phone number will only be
included if you indicate that you don't mind answering any additional
questions from workshop participants that may want to contact you directly.

Since my presentation will focus on the tools and development platform that I
use, information that you supply will help provide a well-rounded information
base from which participants can draw what they need to make informed
decisions.

Thank you for your assistance.

Mark C. Vang
Freya Ventures