From:
Proto Productions <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2013 08:42:39 -0500
Female image: Perhaps the Roman Goddess of Freedom Libertas

> Topics of the day:
>
>  1. Heritage Werks
>  2. help indentifying female image on certificate (7)
>  3. Take the survey of library and museum preservation efforts and receive a
>     free copy of the ensuing report
>  4. Advertisement for Open University of Tulsa Position at Gilcrease Museum
>  5. Position Announcement
>  6. Collection Management Policies online course begins September 30

> Important Subscriber Information:

> Date:    Tue, 10 Sep 2013 08:32:26 -0400
> From:    Danielle Geffel <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Heritage Werks
>
> Does anyone have any experience with Heritage Werks or know someone who has used them? Horror stories? Would you recommend? I feel like I've been warned about them but I can't be sure that I'm thinking of the correct company.

> Important Subscriber Information:

> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Tue, 10 Sep 2013 15:45:51 +0000
> From:    Jamie Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: help indentifying female image on certificate
>

> Hi All:
> Just wondering if anyone out there can help me indentify a figure on a firemen's certificate. It is not any of the "usual suspects" I am familiar with in the fire service. It is a long haired female in a dress with a crown on her head and a spear in her hand. She is surrounded by what appears to be a rotary type gear, a shovel, a pick, a pan, what appears to be some sort of press type of machinery (roller with handle) and a couple of sacks of coins or gold. All the other imagery on the certificate is related to firefighting.  I was thinking the imagery around her could refer to mining, but I have not been able to find any information: any help would be appreciated. If you contact me directly, I can also send you the image, if you think it would help.
>
> Many Thanks,
> Jamie
>

> Jamie Smith Quinn
> Executive Director
> FASNY Museum of Firefighting
> 117 Harry Howard Avenue
> Hudson, NY 12534
> 518-822-1875
> www.fasnyfiremuseum.com
>
> Join us for our family friendly "Super Saturdays" program: visit the Museum website for more information.

> Important Subscriber Information:

> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:17:29 -0600
> From:    Jessica Knight <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: help indentifying female image on certificate
>
> Athena is the only goddess I know that carries a spear, but she is usually
> wearing a Greek helmet not a crown. Is it possible she's supposed to
> symbolize an ideal of some kind? For example, Liberty is usually
> personified as a woman.
>
> Jessica Knight
> Jim Gatchell Memorial Museum
> Buffalo, Wyoming
>

> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM, Jamie Quinn <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> [...]

Proto Productions, Inc.
840 Fiene Drive
Addison, IL 60101
630-628-6626

This e-mail message contains confidential, privileged information intended solely for the addressee.  Please do not read, copy or
disseminate it unless you are the addressee.  If you have received it in error, please call us at 630-628-6626 and ask to speak with the message sender.  Also, we would appreciate your forwarding the message back to us and deleting it from your system.  Thank you