From:
cynthia edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 12:11:59 -0500
     I have posted questions in the past on the list and have received
great responses to them, so I am going to ask for help again.
     I am currently involved in a project concerning the storage of dolls in
the museum I am doing my internship at.  As you can well imagine there
are all types of different dolls ranging from porcelain, china, and
bisque dolls to rag, plastic, and sleepy eye dolls, and some foreign
dolls.  As you can guess,there are all different sizes, also.
     Unfortunately, as much as we would like to there is not enough
room to store the dolls standing upright.  We have acid free boxes size
 20 3/4" X 16 3/4" X 3 1/2" that were bought specifically to store the
dolls.  Ideally we would like to have 2 or 3 dolls at most in the
boxes, perhaps even with their clothes (this point is still undecided
at the present time).
     I have been looking in Curator, CCI Notes, and The Manual of
Curatorship for ideas, but have been unsuccesful.
     What the Curator and I would like to know is that if anyone has
recently stored or moved any doll collections.  If you have, did you
use boxes? If you did, how did you use them?  How did you store the
doll collection.  How did you cushion your dolls and their clothing?
What else did you worry about?
     Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.  Please feel free to e-mail me directly.

Cyndi Edwards
Museum Studies
Graduate Student
University of Nebraska