From:
John Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:06:36 -0400
I'm not sure about the admissions issue, but in Virginia, to be exempt from
paying any and all sales tax, any museum, whether a state museum or other,
must have special exemption enacted by the state house of delegates. The
laws are probably different from state to state, so you'll probably have to
check with your state's department of taxation.

- John Moser