From:
Arthur Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 18:53:36 -0700
>Hello out there:
>I volunteer at my local museum and our current project is transferring the
census >records for out county onto computer.  We have been donated
>the D-Base III+ program and are learning how to
>use it. It's old and we have all the manuals and
>original disks. However, we are running into
>snaggs.  Is there anyone out there who might be
>willing to help us.  Please e-mail when you have
>a chance.  Thanks
>Pauline

     I'm not sure how much help I can be (it's been quite a while since I've
used dBase III+), but I'm willing to give it a try (if you have someone
offering who's used it recently, I'd go with them, however).
     I might make another suggestion.  If you can scrape up about $100 and
have Windows 3.X or better, Lotus Approach is very user friendly and can use
and save in dBase III+.  This means that almost everything can be done in
Approach, but if you need a feature that dBase III+ has and Approach
doesn't, you can handle the same file in dBase.  Approach also can handle a
number of other X-base formats (such as Paradox, dBase IV, etc.), so that
upgrading or changing databases gives minimal problems.

Art Harris
Laboratory for Environmental Biology, Centennial Museum
University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX, USA  79968-0519
Tel. (915) 747-6985, Fax (915) 747-5808, e-mail [log in to unmask]