From:
Betty Long-Schleif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:19:18 -0800
Hello Margo,

We also are a rural museum that has utilized the library system to give free
museum access to library patrons. Our Museum has worked with the Vancouver
Public Library which has numerous rural libraries in its system, presently
it offers free admission to Maryhill  Museum in 5 towns  locaated in 4
surrounding counties.

The format is interesting, it is a case for a Video, it has a great picture
of the museum on the front and explains the program on the back. It is
checked out like a book so for 2 weeks a family can come as often as they
like. Each museum has 2 or 3 copies to loan out. It has been very well used
and the response has been great. Many say they may never have come here
unless they could use the free pass. I think the person who developed the
idea saw it at a museum conference someplace.

Betty Long-Schleif
Collections Manager/Registrar
Maryhill Museum of Art
35 Maryhill Museum Drive