From:
John Eilertsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 07:17:43 -0400
John Bing

John, thanks for your response, but it kinda goes to the heart of my
original problem: what does board and directors' insurance actually cover?
It is not, as several of my board members think, a general liability
insurance-- it doesn't cover the broken leg or slip on the ice that may
happen. Instead, it seems to cover action taken against a board of
directors for actions of governance that are reckless or negligent. Several
insurance, but I'm still wondering if it is really more than just a salve
to very real concerns about the individual liability assumed by people who
agree to work on boards. Would it be better, for example, to spend the
additional money it would take for board and directors' insurance to beef
up a museum's general liability policy, the policy that does cover that
broken leg or slip on the ice?

I don't mean to run this subject into the ground, but if anyone cares to
respond, feel free to do so privately.

John Eilertsen