From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:23:11 -0400
Standard practice for marking ephemera is to write the accession number
on the back side (often lower right hand corner) in PENCIL. Use a soft
lead.

If you don't yet own it, I recommend purchasing the standard reference work
on this subject: "The New Museum Registration Methods" Buck and Gilmore,
eds. Conveniently available from the American Association of Museums
bookstore.

now sit comfortably on your yoga mat and repeat after me..Reversable,
Reversable, Reversable...

Regards,
Diane Gutenkauf
Board Member
Campbell Center for Historic Preservation Studies
www.campbellcenter.org