From:
Michele Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 13:18:44 +0100
Hi folks I have been reading with facination the discussion on the list and
as a student in museology (reinwardt Academy- The netherlands) I thought I
would ask your ideas/comments and opinions on my research topic. I am
focussing on the education department's status in American Art museums

>I am  particularly interested to hear your ideas/comments or opinions on
status and role of the education department in the museum. For instance,
what status does the education department have relatively to other
professionals working in the museum? And what do those who work with them-
especialy museum directors, curators or designers - believe the function of
museum education to be as oppose to what educators believe their role is in
the museums? Moreover how much infleunce(power) does the education
department have over museum policy, mission statments and collection

>Certanly the low profile of the education department, as described by dobbs
and Eisner in The Uncertain Profession (1986) has changed considerably, or not??