From:
jenni rodda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 1995 10:09:14 -0400
This message is being cross-posted to several listservs.  My apologies
for the inconvenience of duplication.

The Visual Resources Association's 13th annual conference will be held
in San Antonio, Texas, January 24-28, 1995, headquartered at the Menger
Hotel.  We have a full and exciting schedule planned!  Please bear the
following in mind as you make your travel arrangements:

Registration for VRA will be held in Poolside 1 at the Menger, starting
on Tuesday, January 24, from 7 to 10 p.m.  Other registration hours are
as follows:  Wednesday, January 25, 8 to 5 p.m.; Thursday, January 26,
8 to 4 p.m.; Friday, January 27, 8 to 10 a.m.  You MUST register, and
carry appropriate proof of registration with you, in order to attend VRA
events and sessions.  Your VRA conference badge will also gain your
admittance to the College Art Association's exhibition area at the
Marriott Rivercenter Hotel, right down the street.  If you did not PRE-
register, you will need to pay the slightly higher on-site registration
fees:  $90 for the whole conference for VRA members; $145 for the whole
conference for non-VRA members (this includes 1995 VRA membership); $45
for one day; $15.00 for single session tickets and for admission to the
New Technologies Roundup.  There will also be a student rate for on-site
registrants with a current valid student ID card.

The hotel has made some last-minute room assignment changes for some
events.  Please watch the visitors' board at the hotel, and for
specific announcements.

The weather in San Antonio, if we are lucky, should be mild.  According
to the New York _Times,_ the weather in San Antonio has been sunny, with
daily highs in the mid to upper 60's, nightly lows in the upper 30s to
low 40s.  The _Times_ predicts, in its 5-day forecast map, that the
weather will be warmer and more damp through next week Tuesday.  I
would suggest layers (although not the number of layers you all needed
in New York City last year!), and an umbrella.  I will choose to be
optimistic, and leave the down coat at home.

I have the flu, unfortunately (as does everyone in New York, it seems),
but I will answer e-mail questions if you send them to me at the
address below.  See you in San Antonio!

Jenni Rodda, VRA VP