From:
John Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 11:31:28 -0600
Rick,

The reason that the Railroad and Pioneer Museum in Temple, Texas has
the B&O materials is that the persons, and/or families, who donated the
materials worked either for the B&O at some point and then came to
Texas and Santa Fe and these materials were part of the donor's
collection, or the donors wanted the museum to have them, period.

Regardless of the RR&PM's collection policy, I was just TRYING to relay
information in response to another person's request.  If I had thought that
I was going to be flamed for being helpful, I would not have offered the
information.

Oh, by the way Rick,  the Railroad and Pioneer Museum here in Temple,
Texas is not just another one of those "small railroad museums" and
the curator is not "collecting any and all" materials just because they
relate to railroads.  It has one of the finest collections of railroad materials
in the Southwest.  It is also a department of the City of Temple, not
just a pair of hucksters sitting in a ramshackle depot next to the tracks.

John C. Hale II
Archives Technician and Curator of the Scott & White Log Cabin Medical
Museum
    Website: www.sw.org (then click on the Centennial icon)

*These opinions are my own and are in no way a reflection or statement
from the Scott & White Archives or Scott & White Memorial Hospital &
Scott, Sherwood & Brindley Foundation.*