From:
Emily Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:04:45 -0700
Dear Preservation-Minded Friends,

I am thrilled to tell you about an opportunity to help protect and preserve many endangered properties in Greater Boston.

Between April 14 and May 17 you (and everyone you know with an email address!) can participate in the Partners in Preservation Greater Boston Initiative. Working with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, American Express is poised to give away $1,000,000 in grants to organizations in the Greater Boston Area.

And now the inevitable plug for my own favorite site: The Paul Revere House is one of 25 sites competing for YOUR VOTE! Individuals may vote once a day (per email address), every day, from April 14 – May 17, 2009.

The site receiving the most votes is guaranteed to receive a grant towards their preservation project. The 25 properties represent a fascinating cross-section of sites in need of preservation in our area, so I hope you will enjoy reading about each of them as you peruse the website. And then, of course, I hope you will chose to vote for my favorite site...:)

By voting for the Paul Revere House you will ensure that we receive a grant to help correct detrimental water drainage issues and prevent further damage to our historic properties. This project is part of a larger $3-4 million renovation and expansion campaign, which will enhance our visitors’ experiences and protect our historic resources by funding a 3,600 square foot education and visitor facility in recently acquired Lathrop Place.

What can you do to help? Act now, your votes will make the difference!

Vote once a day, every day between April 14- May 17.

To vote visit: www.PartnersinPreservation.com

You will need to register before voting - look for the link to register at the top of the screen. If you have multiple email addresses we hope you will vote with each of them, every day! We have already discovered that you will need to log in, vote, and then log out again before logging in again with a separate address.

And then please help us to share information about this thrilling opportunity by spreading the word through every “Middlesex village and farm” and beyond!

If Paul Revere were alive today, would he be spreading news via emails, facebook, and text messages? Follow his example and tell all your friends, neighbors, family, and co-workers about the contest.

Thank you for your support!

~Emily

P. S.

Special open house weekend May 2-3, 2009:

All 25 sites are hosting special Open House activities on the first weekend in May. The Paul Revere House will have lively fife and drum music on Saturday May 2, 1-3 pm, to find out more about this event and all of our Paul Revere’s Boston events (held on Saturdays, May – October) go to our website: www.paulreverehouse.org and click on Events.

P.P.S. I apologize for the cross-postings, if this is your 100th email/message/reminder consider it an opportunity to pester someone else by forwarding this message to them!

Emily A. Holmes
Education Director
Paul Revere House
19 North Square