From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:51:51 -0700
Listen, I think the list has rather proven itself fit
to work for a death squad.  If someone makes a
mistake, we don't just tell them once.  We keep going
until everyone and his brother has had a chance to
shoot a bullet, even if the only place it goes is only
in the foot (or arse) of the sender!

Honestly, sometimes the elitist nature of this list
gets the better of itself.  Old school webbies like
you and I can't remember what it's like to be a newbie
to this medium and how scary it can be.  How, on the
first or first five times you send a post to a list of
such esteemed professionals, you read it 15 times,
looking to ensure it is profound and typoless, that
there's nothing that will make the group think less of
us.

Then you send it and Zowie-Powie!  There's a damned
boo-boo.  Right there!  Right in the middle of our
precious work.  Ah, the cyber gremlins are a dastardly
lot, and look at the kinds of mistakes they've snuck
into your masterpiece on its way to the list.

Our newly beloved lister Mr. McCollum has apologized
for his mistake.  For criminy sakes, don't crucify
him, and don't run him off the list.

SAVE YOUR BULLETS.  Retire this thread.  It's
beginning to smell like someone farted in church!

What a colossal exercise in waste of bandwidth this
little exercise has been.  At least we know members
are still paying some sort of attention.

Mr. McCollum, apologies to you that the list has not
been more gracious and forgiving.

===
Indigo Nights