From:
Matthew Stiff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:36:58 +0000
mda (formerly the Museum Documentation Association) is involved in a
project to create a web portal site to the web sites of museums in the
United Kingdom. The URL for this is http://www.24hourmuseum.org.uk.

As many museums are asking for advice on web site content, the project
aims to issue guidelines and examples of best practice. There are plenty
of the latter, but we would appreciate the views of the members of this
list- This information might relate to brochure-ware (e.g. How do you
get to the museum, opening hours etc.) or it might include descriptions
of galleries, facilities for the disabled etc. We will collate the
results and make them available to the museum community via the mda web
site (http://www,mda.org.uk).

We want an international perspective on this- What might foreign
visitors be looking for in a UK web site? The more responses the better!

I look forward to reading your views.

With thanks...

Matthew Stiff
Standards Manager
mda, 19 Riverside Road, Oxford, OX2 0HT
Tel:    +44 (0)1865 200561
Fax:    +44 (0)870 054 7783

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

mda: Supporting Cultural Information Management